Food safety is a major concern among consumers worldwide and is also under the close scrutiny of food regulators. As a producer or manufacturer of food and food products, it is your responsibility to ensure these products meet all the requirements for consumer safety.
Nemko provides food safety services that can assist in making sure your products are at the correct standards and meet all the necessary requirements.
Nemko offers the following food safety services:
ISO 22000 is the international Food Safety Management System Standard where an organization demonstrates its ability to control food safety hazards to ensure that the food is safe for human consumption.
ISO 22000 is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, which are involved in any aspect of the food chain.
ISO 22000 ensures that an organization meets the following requirements:
- Planning, implementing, operating, maintaining and updating a food safety management system
- Consumer requirements are evaluated, assessed and demonstrated through conformity with the appropriate requirements
- Food safety issues are effectively communicated to suppliers, customers and all relevantly interested parties in the food chain
- Conforms with its stated food safety policy
BRC (British Retail Consortium)
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Certification according to the BRC standard demonstrates compliance with customer requirements and expectations for food safety in regards to major grocery chains
HACCP Certification according to the BRC standard ensures the following:
- Continuous improvement through quality management
- Risk analysis
- Prevention measures
- Good operating practices
- Help in retaining and/or developing new market shares
The BRC standard combines quality management, food safety and hygiene with a strong focus on building conditions and production processes.
The challenge of globalizing markets is nowhere greater than in the primary food sector. GLOBALGAP (formerly known as EUREPGAP) has established itself as a key reference for Good Agricultural Practices (G.A.P.) in the global market place, by translating consumer requirements into agricultural production in a rapidly growing list of countries – currently more than 80.
Within the GlobalGap arrangement, Nemko can do approvals for fish farming, covering salmon and trout.
The GlobalGap standard reassures consumers on how food is produced on a farm in regards to the following:
- Environmental impacts of farming operations
- Reducing the use of chemicals
- Ensuring a responsible approach to worker’s health and safety as well as animal welfare.