Oil and Gas
Nemko is an accredited test laboratory according to the standard EN ISO/IEC 17025 and a certification body according to EN 45011. Nemko is a highly recognized body for testing and certification in the oil and gas industry, and offers a full service scope for products.
Nemko offers pre-evaluation in the oil and gas industry for products while they are still in the development stages. This includes:
- Visual “conformity” inspection on product design, drawings, etc.
- Pre-testing, pre-compliance, guidance on requirements and project planning as needed
- Preparation of products before testing begins
Nemko is an accredited test laboratory according to the standard EN ISO/IEC 17025 and a certification body according to EN 45011. Nemko is also a Notified Certification Body according to the ATEX Directive. Nemko is an approved test laboratory and certification body within the IECEx Scheme.
Nemko is able to perform Quality Assurance Notification (QAN) according to the ATEX Directive and Quality Assurance Report (QAR) according to IECEx requirements.
Nemko has highly experienced engineers that are recognized experts in the following fields:
- Flameproof (Ex d)
- Intrinsic Safety (Ex i)
- Increased Safety (Ex e)
- Purged & Pressurized (Ex p)
- Oil Immersed (Ex o)
- Type 'n' (Ex n)
- Encapsulated (Ex m)
- Power Filled
- Protective Systems
- Non-electrical Equipment
- Unit Verification
The IECEx is an international scheme equivalent to the IECEE CB scheme, but is especially for explosion protected (hazardous location) equipment. Nemko is an approved test laboratory, certification body and and accepted CB within the IECEx Certified Service Facilities program.. In addition, Nemko is able to grant the IECEx Mark.
The ATEX Certificate covers products for use in hazardous areas within Europe (EU/EEA). The ATEX Directive was established in 1994, but became mandatory June 1, 2003 for the European Economic Area.
Nemko can provide ATEX certification for most products used in the following environments:
- Hazardous areas
Nemko also performs Quality Assurance Notification (QAN) according to the ATEX Directive and Quality Assurance Report (QAR) according to IECEx requirements.
- Before products can enter the European market a Quality Assurance Notification (QAN) must be issued by a Notified Body.
- Before the IECEx Certificate can be issued, an approved IECEx Certification Body must issue a Quality Assurance Report (QAR).
Worldwide Market Access
Through our Nemko Direct program we can help manufacturers and exporters gain market access to countries with mandatory or complex certification schemes, such as Russia, China, Korea, Japan, USA, Canada and Brazil.
Other services offered by Nemko with in the Oil and Gas industry:
In addition, the US Coast Guard accepts Nemko certificates and reports according to the IEC 60079 series of standards.
- Brief handling description
- Pre-evaluation, organizing and test planning
- Testing / test report
- Certification / ATEX - IECEx
- QAN / QAR / Production surveillance
- Technical assistance service / Guidance
- Market Access Europe / World market
Quality Management Systems
- Nemko offers general certification of Quality Management Systems, e.g. ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
Ex repair and overhaul / Facilities program and workshops
- Since 1998, Nemko has approved and worked with national Ex service facilities.
- This scheme will be continued – but now is not limited only to Norway – but as a bilateral agreement between each workshop and Nemko.
- That this scheme will operate in parallel with the IECEx Service Facility Program.