The main benefits for the authorised laboratories:
- Streamlined handling of certification projects at Nemko
- Predictable outcome of projects due to common practice and understanding
- Opportunity to be updated on current and coming product standards and up-to-date knowledge of testing practices due to close contact between the personnel involved
- Access to organised proficiency/comparative test programs
- Gives the manufacturers maximum flexibility and control over introduction of their products to the market.
- Quick response to questions arising during the product development phase.
- Reduced testing/certification fees.
- Avoiding shipments of samples for testing.
Overview of main requirements:
- Quality system according to the relevant parts of ISO/IEC 17025
- Qualified testing personnel with knowledge of standards and test methods, (IEC/EN, CISPR, ETSI, national etc.)
- Necessary test facilities and equipment with proper characteristics and tolerances
- Calibration procedures traceable to national or international reference standards with regular calibration intervals
Together with the application documents with basic description of the company, the following is requested.
- Description of the Quality System
- List of personnel and their brief CVs
- List of testing equipment/instruments, including power supply and other relevant site data
- List of testing standards including experience data (number of test reports conducted last 2 years)
- Reference to other authorizations/accreditations, if any
- To evaluate the ability of the candidate laboratory to perform testing, Nemko will make an initial site assessment which will include (as applicable):
- Audit of the testing facilities, equipment and instruments
- Evaluation of the competence of testing personnel, including knowledge of current standards and supervision of performed testing
- Evaluation of the quality system of the laboratory
Verification of tests
Prior to issuing an Authorization, Nemko will conduct a careful verification of the laboratories testing capability (normally 3 test reports). Depending on the experience of the laboratory this may include comparative measurements and evaluation by another laboratory, selected by Nemko.
When the candidate laboratory has successfully passed the initial assessment, the verification of testing capability and fulfills the other conditions for Nemko’s Laboratory Authorization, an attestation of the Authorization is issued to the laboratory.
In order to ensure that the conditions of the Authorization are further satisfied, Nemko staff will re-assess the laboratory normally on an annual basis, unless the laboratory is nationally accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, in which case the assessment is normally conducted every third year.
These re-assessment visits may be combined with exchange of relevant information and training activities in regard to the ongoing testing and certification activities. More frequent visits may also be considered appropriate, subject to agreement between Nemko and the laboratory.
|Annual Fee||To cover maintenance of the program, updates, ad-hoc consultancy etc|
|Audit Fee||To cover maintenance of the program, updates, ad-hoc consultancy etc|
|Certification||This will vary depending on product and Attestation / Certification requested|
|Travelling||Charged at cost|
The applicable rates at any time are provided by Nemko on request.
Withdrawal of Authorization
The Authorization is valid until cancelled by the laboratory, or withdrawn by Nemko based on lack of compliance with the conditions involved or if the lab neglects to notify Nemko on relevant changes or otherwise misuse the Authorization.
Application forms, check lists, templates for assessment reports and certificates as well as cost indications are available on request to info [at] nemko [dot] com or from your regular contact at Nemko.