This non-linear current consumption can increase more than 50% compared to normal current consumption! This can result in the following:
- Overheating of power transformers in the distribution network
- Damage to the distribution network itself
- Damage to other products connected to the same distribution network (capacitors and refrigerators/freezers are some examples of products influenced by these non-linearities).
- Non-linear current is caused by the introduction of harmonic portions to manipulate the current waveshape, and causes the product not only to draw 50 Hz current, but also 100 Hz, 150 Hz, 200 Hz etc.
- Nemko provides accredited measurements of harmonic distortion to national and international manufacturers.
- Flicker and voltage changes caused by switching of inductive loads in the mains network frequently causes flicker sensations in domestic lighting. To prevent such flicker, restrictions apply to the products that are connected to the network.
- Specific restrictions have been introduced to reduce relative voltage changes and the repetition rate of these changes when motors, heaters and other types of loads are switched in and out of the mains network.
- Nemko provides accredited measurements of flicker to national and international manufacturers.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.