IN-SITU testing is normally conducted on:
- Units and systems that are too big to fit into a laboratory
- Products with specific requirements to the power supply, which makes it impossible to test them any other place than at the manufacturers production facilities or at a real installation.
To solve these problems Nemko offers IN-SITU testing
- This means we bring our test out to the equipment that should be tested, whether it is located in an assembly hall, in a special test jig or in a final installation site.
- We conduct full EMC testing of the equipment on site, the same as we would have done in the laboratory.
- Some of the tests have to be adjusted to fit the situation and other coping methods may have to be utilized.
- These methods may require other testing levels. For examples, a few tests cannot be conducted outside a shielded environment, hence have to be replaced by other methods.
Nemko plans these actions in advance, in cooperation with the manufacturer, and a test plan can be prepared.
After the tests have been conducted, they are documented in a test report. If the product is to be CE-marked, Nemko can prepare a Technical Construction File (TCF) for the equipment.
Since the test cannot be performed according to harmonized standards, the manufacturer is forced to apply article 10.2 of the EMC Directive and prepare a TCF. Nemko can also approve and certify the file as we are an EU Notified Body.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.