The ErP Directive (Eco-Design)
The directive entered into force November, 2009, but it covers only products which have a detailed regulation (called Implementing Measure – IM).
This directive is the most important initiative by the EU to improve energy efficiency by 20% by the year 2020.
It is the first directive to cover a product’s total life cycle, often called ‘from cradle to grave.’ The directive contains requirements for the following product stages:
- Raw Material Acquisition
- Transport and Trade
- Use/ Maintenance
- Reuse/ Recycling/ End of Life Treatment
As of November 2009, the following product groups have received an individual regulation and must meet the requirements of this directive:
- Water heaters (gas/oil/electric)
- Consumer electronics (televisions)
- Standby and off-mode losses of ErPs
- Battery chargers and external power supplies
- Office lighting
- (Public) street lighting
- Electric motors
- Stand alone and glandless circulators
- Domestic refrigerators and freezers
- Simple set top boxes
- Domestic lighting
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.