TCO Development is the authority for:
- TCO Certified Displays 5
- TCO Certified Notebook 3
- New TCO Certified for desktop computers (coming soon)
- TCO Certified Edge Displays 1
- TCO'06 (Media Displays)
- TCO'05 (Desktop)
- TCO'03 (Displays)
TCO Development is owned by TCO (the Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees). TCO is a non governmental organization (NGO) and has 1.3 million members, of whom a large majority depend on efficient IT support in their work. They want computers to be user friendly and not to present a health risk.
What is TCO Development?
- TCO Development uses environmental labeling to push technical development forward, based on the needs of IT users.
- Environmental labeling is a support for the customer giving a quality stamp on the products.
- TCO Certified is a third party certification, a Type 1 eco label. Type 1 is a voluntary, multiple-criteria based, third party program that awards a license that authorizes the use of environmental labels on products. The label indicates an overall environmentally preferred product within a particular product category based on life cycle considerations.
- Environmental labeling is also a contribution to the practical application of the ideas embodied in Agenda 21 - the UN Declaration concerning the environment and development.
How can Nemko help with TCO Development?
- Nemko is an approved laboratory for TCO Development for testing visual ergonomics, emission and energy saving according to all TCO criteria.
- Nemko is also approved for doing the verification of the ecology documents requested for the labeling approval.
- Nemko offers testing of Monitors, PCs and Notebooks.
TCO Development Services from Nemko:
- Visual Ergonomics testing
- Emission testing (including MPRII)
- Energy consumption and Energy Declaration
- Ecological consulting services for documentation
- Handling of application documents to TCO
- Acoustic noise testing when applicable (System units, Laptops and LCDs with fan)
- Electrical safety (CB) certification (EN 60950/IEC950)
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.