Attestation of Conformity
Basically all* electrical products amrketed in Europe are subject to the CE marking.
- In order to CE mark a product the manufacturer or his representative in Europe, has to make a declaration describing that the product is in conformity with the relevant Directives.
Other information on Attestation of Conformity:
- As the potential consequences of not complying with the Directives may be substantial, many manufacturers want to involve a third party to verify that their products really comply with the regulatory requirements.
- In such cases Nemko may issue an Attestation of Conformity, either based upon testing performed by Nemko or by evaluation of already existing documentation.
- Most commonly these attestations are issued according to the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and/or the EMC Directive.
- Nemko has been appointed by the authorities as a Notified Body for both these directives as relevant for electrical products.
*) For some electrical products, such as medical equipment, AoC is not an option. In such cases Nemko can issue EC Certificate of Conformity according to the rules of the respective directive, such as for the Medical Device Directive.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.