Partner Laboratory Authorization
The main benefits for the authorized laboratories:
- Streamlined handling of certification projects at Nemko
- Predictable outcome of projects due to common practice and understanding
- Improved market access opportunities for the laboratory’s customers
- Access to standards subscription service, as well as international interpretations etc.
- Opportunity to be updated on current and coming product standards and up-to-date knowledge of testing practices due to close contact between the personnel involved
- Access to organized proficiency/comparative test programs
- Cost efficiency
Overview of main requirements:
- Quality system according to the relevant parts of ISO/IEC 17025
- Qualified testing personnel with knowledge of standards and test methods, (IEC/EN, CISPR, ETSI, national etc.)
- Necessary test facilities and equipment with proper characteristics and tolerances
- Calibration procedures traceable to national or international reference standards with regular calibration intervals
Together with the application documents with basic description about the company, the following is requested.
- Description of the Quality System
- List of personnel and their brief CVs
- List of testing equipment/instruments, including power supply and other relevant site data
- List of testing standards including experience data (number of test reports conducted last 2 years)
- Proof of relevant national accreditation, if any
- Proof of relevant authorization by others, if any
To evaluate the ability of the candidate laboratory to perform testing, Nemko will make an initial site assessment which will include (as applicable):
- Audit of the testing facilities, equipment and instruments
- Evaluation of the competence of the testing personnel, including knowledge of current standards and supervision of performed testing
- Evaluation of the quality system of the laboratory
Verification of tests
Prior to issuing an Authorization, Nemko will conduct a careful verification of the laboratories testing capability (normally 3 test reports). Depending on the experience of the laboratory this may include comparative measurements and evaluation by another laboratory, selected by Nemko.
When the candidate laboratory has successfully passed the initial assessment, the verification of testing capability and fulfills the other conditions for Nemko’s Laboratory Authorization, an attestation of the Authorization is issued to the laboratory.
In order to ensure that the conditions of the Authorization are further satisfied, Nemko staff will re-assess the laboratory normally on an annual basis, unless the laboratory is nationally accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, in which case the assessment is normally conducted every third year.
These re-assessment visits may be combined with exchange of essential information and training activities in regard to the ongoing testing and certification activities. More frequent visits may also be considered appropriate, subject to agreement between Nemko and the laboratory.
|Annual Fee||To cover maintenance of the program, updates, ad-hoc consultancy etc|
|Audit Fee||Charged for each site visit,|
|Certification||This will vary depending on product and Attestation / Certification requested|
|Traveling expenses||Charged at cost|
The applicable rates at any time are provided by Nemko on request.
Withdrawal of Authorization
The Authorization is valid until canceled by the laboratory, or withdrawn by Nemko based on lack of compliance with the conditions involved or if the lab neglects to notify Nemko on relevant changes or otherwise misuse the Authorization.
Application forms, check lists, templates for assessment reports and certificates as well as cost indications are available on request to info [at] nemko [dot] com or your regular contact at Nemko.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.