Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
EMAS is in addition to the general requirements of ISO 14001 and puts particular emphasis on the following:
- Compliance with environmental regulations
- Improvement of environmental performance
- External communication
- Employees involvement
EMAS applies particularly to the environmental aspects of:
- Emissions to air, water and land
- Use of raw materials and energy
- The transition to more environmentally friendly raw materials and manufacturing processes
- Full or partial transition to recyclable forms of energy, including energy forms that cause less pollution
- Re-use of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products
How does the certification process work?
The certification process begins with an initial meeting to determine if the company’s management system is ready for certification or if any action is needed before the certification audit takes place. This also includes all the environmental aspects listed above.
The certification audit will determine if the company has satisfied all the elements of the EMAS regulation and if these have been appropriately implemented. A final meeting will verify what must be completed before a certificate can be issued.
The EMAS arrangement is under the control of the relevant authorities in each EU/EEA member state, which in Norway is the SFT (State Pollution Agency). The certified companies in Norway must therefore register its certification with the Brønnysundregister (official Norwegian register for Norwegian companies).
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.