ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
Compliance with ISO 14001 shall ensure the following:
- All important environmental aspects are identified
- Control of the environmental aspects to prevent a negative environmental impact
- Continuous improvement in regards to the environmental impact is a requirement
- External recognition
- Better deals with insurance companies
- Better credibility associated with financing
- Increased credibility in relation to customers
- General cost savings by minimizing waste (of energy, materials, etc.)
How does the Certification Process Work?
The main purpose of the system audits is to identify potential for improvements of the organization’s environmental aspects.
The certification process consists of two phases:
- Phase 1 normally consists of a visit to the business in order to review the status of the organization, system documentation, infrastructure, etc. This assesses the maturity of the environmental management system.
- Phase 2 is the certification audit aiming to verify that the system documentation meets the requirements of ISO 14001 standard. The certification audit will give feedback to the organization on issues that are not in conformance with the standard and that need to be corrected before a certificate can be issued.
The certificate will be valid for 3 years after being granted. During this period, annual surveillance audits will be conducted.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.