Canadian electrical safety inspection scheme
The testing and evaluation is intended to be non-destructive, and is based on published requirements accepted by the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Complying products will be immediately labeled by a qualified Nemko Inspector with a distinctive, serialized and tamperproof label.
For the Canadian marketplace, the technical requirements are documented in:
- The CSA Special Publication SPE-1000-99
- The Model Code for the Field Evaluation of Electrical Equipment
- Any applicable sections of the Canadian Electrical Code.
Why should you choose “Special Inspection / Field Evaluation” over Traditional Certification?
- You are an importer/exporter and are unwilling and/or unable to arrange the required access to the factory for unannounced inspection visits.
- You are an importer/exporter and cannot control changes or component substitutions by the factory.
- You want to take advantage of having your product evaluated on the spot, at the location of your choice.
When should you choose Nemko’s “Special Inspection / Field Evaluation” Services?
- If any one or more of the following apply:
- The equipment is already shipped or installed.
- The equipment is available in limited quantities (batches) &/or is custom-built.
- The cost of certification is impractical or time is of the essence.
- You are testing the market and may not be able to continue production.
- You want to ensure the product complies with essential requirements before submitting it for certification.