US Terminal Equipment Certification
In addition, 47 CFR Part 68 also contains the technical requirements for:
- Hearing Aid Compatibility and Volume Control for handset devices
- Consumer requirements, such as automatic redialing and fax branding
- These requirements are defined by the FCC, whereas the ACTA adopted standards are developed by Industry.
The process of gaining approval can be via:
- Formal certification with a Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB)
- Supplier Declaration of Conformity (SDoC)
- Under each scheme the product must be listed on the ACTA database prior to the product being made available for sale.
Nemko can assist you in gaining approval for the USA by providing testing, certification (TCB) and compliance management services.
Please phone or send us your request in the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know your purpose and we will find the right person to call you back.