This can take place in the following stages:
- Idea – To establish whether regulations and other requirements will have a major impact on the cost and timeline for developing the product concerned.
- Design – The design stage is when the features of the product are determined and when guidance on applicable conditions regarding product safety, etc, is most essential.
- Prototype – The first draft model of the product, where its basic characteristics can be tested and evaluated.
- Preproduction – As a result of production trials, certain characteristics of the product may have to be adjusted and reconsidered.
- Production – During production, evaluation of alternative sourced components is important for ensuring consistent product safety.
Nemko can assist at all the stages in the product development process, but the earlier the involvement the better the chance of saving cost and time.