IN-SITU testing is normally conducted on:
- Units and systems that are too big to fit into a laboratory
- Products with specific requirements to the power supply, which makes it impossible to test them any other place than at the manufacturers production facilities or at a real installation.
To solve these problems Nemko offers IN-SITU testing
- This means we bring our test out to the equipment that should be tested, whether it is located in an assembly hall, in a special test jig or in a final installation site.
- We conduct full testing of the equipment on site, the same as we would have done in the laboratory.
- Some of the tests have to be adjusted to fit the situation and other coping methods may have to be utilized.
- These methods may require other testing levels. For examples, a few tests cannot be conducted outside a shielded environment, hence have to be replaced by other methods.
Nemko plans these actions in advance, in cooperation with the manufacturer, and a test plan can be prepared.
After the tests have been conducted, they are documented in a test report. If the product is to be CE-marked, Nemko can prepare a Technical Construction File (TCF) for the equipment.