Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing and Certification
For decades, technology has played a vital role in revolutionizing the human race. With the development in technology in the modern era, there is more emphasis on electrical/ electronic tools being handier and higher-powered than ever. Hence, there is a growing need to have product compliance for EMI/EMC.
All electrical & electronic devices generate some form of unwanted interference/radiation, which is unavoidable. With such devices becoming increasingly used in very close proximity to each other, they should function normally without interfering or being interfered with through other devices. This important property of electrical & electronics devices is called Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC). However, to ensure proper functional operation, they should emit a limited amount and they should also be immune to a certain level of electromagnetic radiation (radiated and conducted). It is usually discussed in two aspects: Emissions (EMI) and Immunity (EMS). Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and radio frequency (RF) testing is used to analyze the ability of the devices to operate as predicted when in proximity to other electronic devices. Our laboratories and experts around the world have entrusted us as a reliable EMC testing and certification provider and we have earned the respect as well as the trust of industry leaders and international regulatory bodies. Where ever you market your electrical & electronic devices, from Europe to Australia, Asia to America, your product is required to meet EMC regulations. Undergoing testing and obtaining certification from a third-party service provider not only ensures global market access but also helps to gain a competitive edge for your product.
What is EMC testing?
- EMC testing helps minimize the possibility that radiated or conducted emissions produced by your device will interfere with other electronics products in its vicinity.
- EMC testing helps to ensure that any emission from the device is below the relevant limits defined for that type of device.
- A third-party EMC test lab can conduct conformity assessments and help to strengthen your competitive position in the market.
Tests which we do in our facility includes the following (but not limited to) :
- Voltage Fluctuation & Flicker
- Current Harmonic emission
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Radiated Susceptibility
- Electric Fast Transient
- Conducted Susceptibility
- Power Frequency Magnetic Field
- Pulse Frequency Magnetic Field
- AC Voltage Dips & Interruption
- DC Voltage Dips & Interruption
- Ring wave
- Conducted emission
- Radiated emission
Some of the products which we test in our EMC testing lab includes the following (but not limited to) :
- Auto Components
Below are some of the frequency band we test for CE and FCC (but not limited to) :
- 2.4Ghz Wifi & BT
- 5Ghz WIFI
- 5.8Ghz WIFI
Nemko is a major international player in EMI/EMC testing, based on our own EMC test sites in Asia, Europe, Middle East, and North America. Now we have our own test facility in India (except the testing in the anechoic chamber which we will include soon in our new location). All our sites are equipped for a wide range of tests. You can select from a variety of EMC tests like ESD, EFT, Surge, Ring Wave, PFMF, VDI, Conducted Emission, Wireless Testing depending on product compliance requirements.
Nemko India provides comprehensive EMC testing within regulatory requirements for a wide range of product categories for industry sectors like Automotive, Telecom, Medical, Component, IT, Railway, Lighting, Household, etc to ensure that their products function safely and effectively.
Our Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Fast and efficient T&C services with guaranteed short delivery times.
- Modern and flexible testing facilities with large capacities.
- Nemko test reports provide well-known readability and easy access to any marketplace.
- Nemko keeps up to date on changes and developments in international standardization like CENELEC and IEC/CISPR.
Back to home