The QM-333 is an environmental testing standard which is applied in general for most type of telecommunication equipment. The basic aim of the standard is qualification of design & the ability to perform under different climatological conditions. Also it help to simulate the lifecycle environments that are encountered by the telecom product.
There could be many telecommunication products which specifications rule out the application of some portion of the test cycle (during lifecycle environmental testing). These are to be studied in such cases and necessary exceptions are to be taken into consideration. The purpose of this standard is to standardize environmental test in order to obtain as much as possible desirable test results and to serve as a guide to those engaged in design of telecommunication equipment. Hence this standard should therefore be used at all times in conjunction with the specification of the telecom equipment. The test prescribed in this standard are not meant for reliability test but as quality test. These test are non-destructive & the telecom equipment can be reused at the end of the test.
Some of the tests covered in this standard are as below :
- Cold test
- Dry Test
- Damp Heat
- Salt Mist Corrosion
- Drop test
- Thermal Shock
Environmental chambers are designed to create artificial environment under closed chamber. Nemko India has a state-of-the-art laboratory to test your products for mechanical stress & environmental conditions along with lifecycle tests. Environmental testing help to know if there are any weaknesses in a product’s design or performance that could occur particularly at extreme levels. It also provides you with an opportunity to judge the causes of failure. With the harmonization of national and international standards, environmental testing requirements are becoming increasingly mandatory for product categories in the marine, aviation, transportation, military industries and more. We test according to relevant international & national standards including MIL STD, defense standards ( JSS 55555, JS 50101) and telecommunication equipment as per QM-333. We offer pre-evaluation of your products by testing in our in-house lab facility and testing via our customer programs. IEC 60068 offers appropriate severities and mentions various environmental conditions for measurement in each test method.
Our climatic testing facilities include the following but not limited to:
- Vibration (Sinusoidal & Random) ( variable frequencies)
- Mechanical shock testing
- Temperature testing
- Humidity testing
- Drop test
- Fall test
- Topple test
- Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)
- Degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment against external mechanical impacts (IK code)
- Damp Heat cyclic
- Dry heat cycle or high temperature
- Cold cycle or low temperature
- Rapid temperature cycle
- Thermal shock test
- Tropical exposure
- High voltage test
- Insulation resistance test
Basic Documents requirements :
- Service manual , operation manual
- General operation description & configuration of product
- Risk assessment file
- Detailed technical specification
How Nemko can help
- Through our offices and labs globally you would be benefited to get the approval of your product from anywhere in the world.
- We would help you to prepare the applicable conformity assessment / suitable procedures for your target market.
- Nemko has employees who participate in regulatory body committees , allowing us to always provide the latest update and input to our customer.
The Benefits of working with Nemko
- By choosing Nemko as your market access partner , you will be working with experienced processionals focused on delivery via the optimal route to product compliance and testing as well as can guide you towards the right path for certification.
- Nemko provides a fast turnaround time, helping to get your products to market in as little time as possible.
Anshuman Dash is a product compliance specialist & marketing professional having extensive years of experience in many standards & regulatory requirements. He has a Bachelor Degree in Engineering from "Institute of Technical Education & Research" , Bhubaneswar and currently pursuing Masters. Along with International...