European Energy related Products directive - ErP
Save energy is the most powerful action to combat global warming.
This seems to be the only statement we all can agree to within environmental protection.
Nemko test and certify energy consumption and document your products ecological profile to help you comply with the directive.
The ErP directive is part of CE-marking for the products covered.
Nemko can help you with following:
- Testing for related product
- Attestation of Conformity with the directive
- Consulting for legislation
- Eco-design verification
Products covered as of Q1 2014:
- Simple Set-Top Boxes
- Boilers and combi-boilers
- Water heaters
- PCs (Desktops and Laptops) and monitors
- Consumer Electronics: TV
- Standby and off-mode losses
- Battery chargers and external power supplies
- Office lighting
- Street lighting
- Room air conditioning
- Comfort Fans
- Electric motors
- Water pumps
- Domestic refrigerators and freezers
- Domestic dishwashers
- Domestic washing machines
- Household tumble driers
- Vacuum cleaner
- Domestic lighting part I “non-directional lamps“
- Domestic lighting part II “directional lamps”
- Domestic and commercial ovens
- Domestic and commercial hobs and grills
- Non-tertiary coffee machines
- Networked standby losses of energy using products
Several of these categories are so-called horizontal requirements meaning they cover a lot of different products.
Example on this is the standby regulation which cover almost all products for household and office use.
It is the first directive to cover a product’s total life cycle, often called ‘from cradle to grave. The different product regulation can include requirements for the following product stages:
- Raw Material Acquisition
- Transport and Trade
- Use/ Maintenance
- Reuse/ Recycling/ End of Life Treatment
The European directive for energy related products 2009/125/EC are expended with tree to five new product categories per year and are now projected to save 16% of EU’s electricity consumption by 2020.
Contact Nemko for what this means for your product.