Nemko is an accredited proficiency testing provider (PTP) and can offer simultaneous and sequential PT for electrical and electronics safety tests and measurements.
Proficiency testing is one of the important tools to determine the technical competence of the laboratory. Nemko, as an accredited proficiency testing provider (PTP) can offer services for proficiency testing. Proficiency testing is a mandatory requirement (as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017) in electrical and electronics testing, worldwide.
Proficiency testing by Nemko
We are now accredited for simultaneous and sequential Proficiency Testing scheme in Testing (Electrical and Electronics) discipline from NABL India as per ISO/IEC 17043:2010. Previously, electrical and electronics testing laboratories in Asia were either initiating or participating in ILC programmes initiated by other laboratories. Now Nemko can offer these services.
What are the benefits of proficiency testing?
- Satisfactory participation in national and international proficiency testing programmes enhances the confidence of interested parties (e.g. customers, accreditation bodies, regulators) in the technical competency of the laboratory
- Comparison of a facility’s performance with other peer facilities
- Monitoring of long-term facility performance
- Improvement in the performance of tests/calibrations following investigation and identification of the cause(s) for unsatisfactory proficiency testing performance, and the introduction of corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
- Staff education, training, and competence monitoring
- Evaluation of methods, including the establishment of method precision and accuracy
- Contribution to the facility’s overall risk management system
Why choose Nemko as a proficiency testing provider (PTP)?
- Accredited by NABL through certificate PC-1048
- Asia’s first and only proficiency testing provider in electrical and electronics
- Our proficiency testing programmes are cost-effective, simple and efficient
What is the frequency of proficiency testing programmes?
The frequency of PT programmes varies, but on average it is 11 to 12 programmes per year.
Proficiency testing sample?
Samples may be directly purchased from market as single production batches of commercially available products or custom made. Examples: Plastic plaques, power supplies, printed circuit boards, black box arrangements etc.
Which electrical/electronics proficiency tests are provided by Nemko?
- Resistance to heat (Ball Pressure Test) – Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT equipment
- Creepage and clearance– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Direct plug-in Equipment– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Working Voltage–Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Glow Wire and Needle Flame Test– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Provision of earthing measurement– Audio equipment
- Limited current circuits– IT equipment
- Limited Energy circuit– Domestic electronic appliances
- Limited power sources– IT equipment
- Power Input Test–Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Heating Test–– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Touch current (Leakage current) Test – Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Withdrawal from mains plug– Audio equipment
- Energy hazards– IT equipment
- Cap Temperature Rise – Lamp, luminaire, and accessories
- Discharge of Capacitors in Equipment – Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Resistance of Earthing Conductors and their Terminations– Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Resistance to tracking– Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/Audio equipment
Proficiency testing (PT) calendar 2022 - Click here