The ISO 22000:2018 food safety management system standard is applicable to all types of organizations involved in any aspect of the food chain, regardless of size.
ISO 22000 ensures that an organization meets the following requirements:
- Planning, implementing, operating, maintaining and updating an appropriate food safety management system that makes food safe for the consumer
- Consumer requirements are evaluated, assessed and demonstrated through conformity with the appropriate requirements
- Food safety issues are effectively communicated to suppliers, customers and other relevant interested parties in the food chain
- Conformity with its own stated food safety policy
Showing compliance with the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 can be accomplished through the use of internal and/or external resources.
- Nemko has a lean organization with an effective decision-making process and quick turnaround
- Auditors have valuable experience and inspire a culture of constant improvement
- They value communication with customers
- Observations and comments are clearly expressed to ensure measurable improvement
- The approach is practical and down-to-earth
- The auditor is responsible for the customer during the entire audit process and audit cycle
The certification process consists of two phases:
- Phase 1consists of an audit of the business in order to review the status of the organization, system documentation, infrastructure, etc. This assesses the maturity of the system.
- Phase 2is the certification audit, aiming to verify that the system documentation meets the requirements of the standard. The certification audit will give feedback to the organization on issues that are not in conformance with the standard and that need to be corrected before a certificate can be issued.