ISO 9001 standard for quality management systems
ISO 9001:2015 is a quality management system standard designed to increase productivity while creating a more efficient and effective business operation. Nemko’s certification of the quality management system lets organizations demonstrate their commitment to quality and to customer satisfaction. It is a confirmation that the organization meets the requirements of an internationally recognized quality management system standard.
ISO 9001:2015 is designed to support:
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention
- Enhanced marketing
- Improved employee motivation, awareness, and morale
- Promotion of international trade
- Increased profit
- Reduced waste
- Increased productivity
Certification according to ISO 9001:2015 demonstrates that the organization fulfils the requirements of the standard. A central purpose of the standard and the certification is to verify that the organization is able to improve its process on a continual basis. Certification by an external, independent and accredited agency creates trust.
How does the ISO 9001 certification process work?
The certification process consists of two phases:
- Phase 1 consists of a visit to the business in order to review the status of the organization, system documentation, infrastructure, etc. This assesses the maturity of the quality management system.
- Phase 2 is the certification audit, aiming to verify that the system documentation meets the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard. The certification audit will give feedback to the organization on issues that are not in conformance with the standard and that need to be corrected before a certificate can be issued.
How long is the ISO 9001 certification valid?
The certificate will be valid for three years after being granted. During this period, annual surveillance audits will be conducted.
- Nemko has a lean organization with an effective decision-making process and quick turnaround
- Auditors have valuable experience and inspire a culture of constant improvement
- They value communication with customers
- Observations and comments are clearly expressed to ensure measurable improvement
- The approach is practical and down-to-earth
- The auditor is responsible for the customer during the entire audit process and audit cycle