Be prepared in case of a hard Brexit
If any of the circumstances below apply to you, a hard Brexit will affect you.
- You are using the UK as the point of entry for your product to the rest of the EU
- Your product is labelled with a UK importer or authorized representative, but you will be selling to other European countries.
- You are using a UK Notified Body
There are many companies that could potentially be affected, and we understand that our customers are concerned. We have put together some tips on what you can do now to prepare your company, minimizing risk in the near-term.
- If you are using the UK as the point of entry for the rest of the EU, you can re-route to an EU27 or EFTA country.
- If your product is labelled with a UK importer or authorized representative, but you will be selling to other European countries, you can already now start to look for a new importer or authorized representative in any of the EU27 or EFTA countries.
- If you are using a UK Notified Body, this might have the most severe and time-consuming consequences in the case of a hard Brexit. You can already now change the Notified Body in the UK to a Notified Body in an EU27 or an EFTA country. In a hard Brexit scenario, UK Notified Bodies will lose their status as EU Notified Bodies and will be removed from the Commission's information system on notified organizations (NANDO database). If you are selling marine equipment or have a product that has a transmitter and/or receiver, click here and fill in the form and we will contact you to provide assistance.