Scope Expansion of United Arab Emirates (UAE) Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS) for Low Voltage Devices
Emirates Authority for Standardization & Metrology (ESMA) has added Audio/Video and IT/Office Equipment categorized under the Low Voltage Equipment Regulation in the United Arab Emirates.
All products that have been added shall comply with applicable standard/s and have a valid Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued under ECAS/ Emirates Quality Mark (EQM). This includes all products supplied through both B2B and B2C commercial transactions.
- All products defined within this document shall comply with applicable standard/s and have a valid Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued under ECAS/EQM.
- All products defined within this document shall comply with the IEC 62368-1 standard and have a valid Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued under ECAS/EQM.
- All ECAS/EQM Certificates of Conformity (CoCs) issued under the IEC 60065 and/or IEC 60950-1 will be considered invalid/void.
B2B and B2C consumer products of audio/video and office/IT equipment:
Non-professional stand-alone audio products
- Record players
- Disc players
- Mp3 players
- Speaker systems
- Sound bars (Bluetooth or otherwise)
- Other audio products
Non-professional stand-alone video playing and recording systems
- VCD, DVD, Blu-ray Players
- Digital still and video cameras
- Game consoles
Videoke/Karaoke Multimedia systems
- TV Decoders and Set-top boxes
- Consumer series Desktops and Laptops Computers, All-in-one PCs
- Tablets and palm pilots
- Desktop/computer monitors
- Printers/scanners (i.e. inkjet, laser, etc.) – includes office printers, multi-function printers (MFP), label printers, portable or stand-alone
- Non-professional routers, repeaters
- Touch drawing pads
- Landline phones (corded/cordless)
- External hard drives supplied with an external power supply (i.e. NAS – Network attached storage, etc.)
- Industrial / Commercial / Professional Audio/Video Systems
- Industrial / Commercial / Professional IT equipment
- Large format printers
- Interactive displays or Smart boards
- Mobile phones, network and/or IP phones
- Two-way radios
- Keyboards, mouse, trackball/track pad (wired / cordless)
- Stand-alone (plug-in) external hard drives, USB thumb drive, SD cards, etc.
- Spare parts and/or accessories (i.e. lenses & flashes for cameras, ink/ink cartridges for printers, etc.)
- Application Form
- Signed Certification Agreement
- LVE DoC signed and printed on applicant’s letterhead
- ECAS Mark Usage Policy
- IEC CB TR & TC
- Copy of the Rating Label
- User Manual (English and Arabic)
- UAE Trade License
Lead time: 1 week from the time all required documents have been received