Nemko offers conformity assessment services to meet the needs of manufacturers or their representatives within the European Union and the European Free Trade Area (EFTA).
The R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC covers all radio equipment and all equipment intended to be connected to public telecommunications networks. Equipment which meets 'essential requirements' may be freely marketed in the European Union. Harmonized Standards provide technical requirements associated with the Essential Requirements of the Directive.
The essential requirements of the R&TTE directive 1999/5/EC is:
- Art. 3.1a. Protection of health and safety protection of health and safety of the use and any other person, based on the protection requirements of the Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC.
- Art. 3.1b. Electromagnetic Compatibility based on the EMC directive 2004/108/EC
- Art. 3.2 Effective use of the radio spectrum/orbital resources as to avoid harmful interference.
We assist our clients through the conformity assessment procedure, minimizing the time and effort invested to fulfill the requirements for CE marking. Nemko can give you an opinion on your Technical Construction File (TCF) and issue a NBO (Notified Body Opinion or a Certificate of Conformity (CoC).
Various procedures for conformity assessment
The regulatory scheme of the RTTE Directive introduces various methods of conformity assessment. Nemko as a Notified Body can give advice on the tests to be carried out and can give an evaluation of your Technical Construction File (TCF). Conformity assessment can be based on a self declaration scheme or a fully approved quality system.
Nemko provides following services to assist with the CE- marking and demonstrate compliance with the R&TTE Directive.
- R&TTE Annex III - Identification of essential radio test suites for demonstrating compliance to the R&TTE Directive.
- R&TTE Annex IV - Assessment of the TCF (Technical Construction File), and issue our opinion about compliance to the essential requirements of the R&TTE Directive.
- R&TTE Annex V - Assessment of the quality system for design and manufacturing, and issue an Attestation of Conformity with the R&TTE Directive.