CB Certification scheme
Nemko will grant your product international acceptance through International CB certification scheme.
The CB scheme
The IECEE CB scheme is by far the largest international certification scheme for electrical products and is the closest there is to worldwide certification.
The CB scheme has more than 50 member countries, but it is also widely accepted outside these countries.
It is today largely used between business partners in international trade for proving basic safety compliance of their electrical/electronic products.
The CB scheme facilitates the acceptance of test reports when applying for national safety certification of electrical products in the different IECEE member countries.
- Nemko is one of the largest certification bodies in the CB scheme
- Nemko has for years had a higher rate of recognition than other certification bodies
- Nemko will when relevant include the European standard making the CB certification also valid as a basis for showing compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) for CE marking.
- Nemko may include testing to national differences to the IEC/EN standards, in order for the CB test Certificate to be readily accepted in individual countries.
- There is no annual license or fee for having the CB certificate.
CB Full Certification Scheme (FCS)
The CB-FCS (Full Certification System) is an advanced version of the traditional CB Scheme.
The CB-FCS Scheme encompasses the following:
- Testing for multi-national standards compliance (same as standard CB scheme)
- Initial factory audit/inspection
- Periodical surveillance of the production
The certification document issued is denoted Certificate of Conformity (COC) and the associated testing/assessment report denoted Conformity Assessment Report (CAR).
So far this scheme has been used mostly for PV (photovoltaic) products. It is, however, now revised and simplified to make it attractive also for manufactures of electrical/ electronic products in general.
For more information contact us