Attestation of Conformity
Nemko can make Attestation of Conformity (AoC) to attests conformity of your product to relevant directives.
Basically all* electrical products marketed in Europe are subject to the CE marking.
In order to CE mark a product the manufacturer or his representative in Europe, has to make a declaration describing that the product is in conformity with the relevant Directives.
Why chose AoC from Nemko?
- As the potential consequences of not complying with the Directives may be substantial, many manufacturers want to involve a third party to verify that their products really comply with the regulatory requirements.
- In such cases Nemko may issue an Attestation of Conformity, either based upon testing performed by Nemko or by evaluation of already existing documentation.
- Most commonly these attestations are issued according to the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and/or the EMC Directive.
- As the number of directives increases many manufacturers also need assistance e.g. for RoHS and ErP directives
- Nemko has been appointed by the authorities as a Notified Body for several directives relevant for electrical products.
*) For some electrical products, such as medical equipment, AoC is not an option. In such cases Nemko can issue EC Certificate of Conformity according to the rules of the respective directive, such as for the Medical Device Directive.