Nemko in facts and figures
Through our offices, laboratories and extensive partner network in Asia, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa we are able to serve our customers in a reliable, efficient and open manner.
Nemko Headquarters is at Lysaker in Oslo area, Norway. Own subsidiaries are established in Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, USA, Canada, Korea, Japan, China Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan as well as partnerships in UK, Spain, Portugal, Middle East and India. For quality system certification, Nemko is also present in Uganda, Africa.
More than 500 highly qualified people are presently employed in the Nemko Group, of which about 120 are working in Norway. The laboratories in Norway, UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan, are accepted for testing within the international CB and CB-FCS schemes. Certification of medical equipment and explosion protected equipment, as related to the European Directives (MDD and ATEX) as well as the international ISO13485 and IECEx scheme, is from 2012 offered through the joint venture ‘DNV Nemko Presafe’ together with Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
Nemko is a founding member of several multi-national certification agreements, including the European ENEC, the international IECEE/CB-scheme and the IECEx scheme, and is a leading supplier of international certificates for electrical/electronic equipment.
Bi-lateral agreements have been signed with a number of certification bodies in Eastern Europe, Middle East, Far East, South America and Africa, in order to offer manufacturers easy global market access for their products, both for electrical equipment and telecom products.
Nemko is appointed as an official Notified Body for products falling under the European directives for:
- Explosion protected equipment (ATEX) - 2014/34/EU
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - 2014/30/EU
- Radio equipment - 2014/53/EU
- Marine equipment - 2014/90/EU
- Construction Products - Regulation (EU) No 305/2011
- Authorised for German GS-mark certification
- Authorised for Canadian national certification
- Authorised for NRTL certification in USA
Within the telecom area, Nemko has also been recognised as certification body (TCB) for:
- USA by the Federal Communications Commission
- Canada by Industry Canada
- Taiwan by the National Communications Commission
- Hong Kong by the Office of the Telecommunications Authority
The Nemko Group holds various national accreditations:
- Testing and calibration services according to ISO/IEC 17025
- Product certification according to ISO/IEC 17065
- Management system certification to ISO/IEC 17021
- Personnel certification to ISO/IEC 17024.
Some of the laboratories have in addition special accreditations by Russian GOSSTANDART, Chinese CNAS, Taiwanese BSMI, Korean RRL, Australian NATA, German ZLS, Canadian SCC and US OSHA.
Other certification services
Nemko is a member of the international IQNet cooperation, and carries out audits and certification of quality systems to ISO 9001, environmental management systems to ISO 14000/EMAS, medical device production to ISO13485, information security systems to ISO 27001, food supply systems to ISO 22000/BRC (British Retail Consortium) and GlobalGAP.
In addition, Nemko performs certification of personnel within certain professions.