Proficiency Testing Provider
Nemko India is the Asia’s first proficiency testing (PT) / provider in Electrical and electronics safety tests and measurements.
Proficiency Testing is one of the important tools to determine the technical competence of the laboratory and satisfactory participation in National / International PT programs enhances the confidence in technical competency of the laboratory.
Previously, Electrical and Electronics testing Labs were either initiating or participating in ILC programs initiated by other laboratories since there was no Proficiency Testing provider available in India or Asia. Now, Being an accredited PT provider, We can offer you these services for Proficiency Testing.
We are now accredited for simultaneous and sequential PT scheme in Testing (Electrical and Electronics) discipline from NABL India as per ISO/IEC 17043:2010.
Why PT required?
- Mandatory requirement as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- The benefits of proficiency testing are widely recognized. These include:
- Comparison of a facility’s performance with that of other participating (peer) facilities
- Monitoring of a long-term facility performance
- Improvement in the performance of tests/calibrations following investigation and identification of the cause(s) of unsatisfactory PT performance, and the introduction of corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
- Staff education, training, and competence monitoring
- Evaluation of methods, including the establishment of method precision and accuracy
- Contribution to the facility’s overall risk management system
- Confidence building with interested parties, e.g. customers, accreditation bodies, regulators
Why choose Nemko as proficiency testing provider?
- Accredited by NABL through certificate no. PC-1048 with issue date 27.11.2020 valid till 26.11.2022.
- Asia’s first and only PT provider in this field.
- We introduce cost effective, simple, and efficient PT programs.
- At Nemko, our values are clear, we:
- Are passionate about providing a great customer experience
- Believe in continuous learning and competence development
- Care for our customers, colleagues and the environment
- Demonstrate our integrity in everything we do
Frequency for PT programs:
Varies, on average 11 to 12 programs per year.
PT Sample(s): Samples may directly purchase from market as single production batches of commercially available products or custom made. Examples: Plastic plaques, power supplies, printed circuit boards, black box arrangements etc.
Tests under our scope of Accreditation:
- Resistance to heat (Ball Pressure Test) – Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT equipment
- Creepage and clearance– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Direct plug-in Equipment– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Working Voltage–Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Glow Wire and Needle Flame Test– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Provision of earthing measurement– Audio equipment
- Limited current circuits– IT equipment
- Limited Energy circuit– Domestic electronic appliances
- Limited power sources– IT equipment
- Power Input Test–Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Heating Test–– Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Touch current (Leakage current) Test – Lamp, luminaire, and accessories, Domestic electronic appliances, IT/audio equipment
- Withdrawl from mains plug– Audio equipment
- Energy hazards– IT equipment
- Cap Temperature Rise – Lamp, luminaire, and accessories
- Discharge of Capacitors in Equipment – Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Resistance of Earthing Conductors and their Terminations– Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/audio equipment
- Resistance to tracking– Lamp, luminaire and accessories, IT/Audio equipment
Back to home
- Related documents