Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU was introduced in 2016 and applies to all types of radio equipment. Manufacturers of radio equipment who wish to sell to place their radio product on the market in the EU and European Economic Area (EEA) must prove their compliance and affix RED 2014/53/EU CE mark on their products.
The essential requirements of the Radio Equipment Directive are that radio equipment must be constructed to ensure:
- Art. 3.1a. The protection of health and safety of the user and any other person
- Art. 3.1b. Adequate level of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Art. 3.2. Effective use of the radio spectrum to avoid harmful interference
- Art. 3.3. Meets any Special requirements
We assist our customers throughout the conformity assessment process; minimizing the time and effort invested to fulfill the CE marking requirements. Nemko offers an assessment of the product design, interpretation of relevant regulation, assessment of the technical documentation, and issues an EU RED Type Examination Certificate if their technical file satisfies the formal and technical requirements.
Nemko also provides customer guidance to identify which standards and radio tests are relevant and necessary to fulfil to demonstrate conformity with the Radio Equipment Directive.
Nemko has experience testing and approving product with accreditation according to ISO/IEC standards in relation to EMC, radio, RF Exposure or Safety requirements. Our technical expertise and knowledge in evaluation of products have enabled us to obtain recognition as a EU Notified Body with listing on the NANDO webpage (Notified Body number 2051).
As a leading state-of the art testing laboratory and certification body Nemko is capable of successfully supporting the needs of our clients and providing effective and efficient testing and certification services, ensuring you can obtain RED CE compliance and sell product on the market as soon as possible.
Examples of types of products that can be certified include:
- Short Range Devices (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, Z-Wave, Induction Loop, NFC).
- Wideband Data transmission systems
- Wireless microphones
- Land Mobile
- Mobile/Portable/Fixed Cellular (5G/4G/3G) – including in base stations and repeaters
- mmWave (Millimetre Wave) – Including wireless systems such as mmWave backhaul
- Satellite Positioning – GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System), GPS
- Aeronautical VHF
- VHF Maritime
- Satellite Earth Stations – Mobile (MES), Land Mobile (LMES), Very small aperture (VSAT), Aircraft (AES), Fixed (SES)
- White Space Devices (WSD)
- Broadband Radio Access Networks
- Fixed Radio systems
- Broadband wireless access
- Intelligent Transport systems
- Broadcast radio and TV receivers