- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
As per BIS, the Compulsory Registration Scheme(CRS) aims to provide momentum to the rapidly expanding sectors of Electronic and IT, while simultaneously protecting Indian consumers from spurious and substandard products.
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) (erstwhile DeitY) has notified "Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirement for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012" on 03 October 2012 for the first phase of electronics items. With time more phases were introduced and included in Compulsory Registration Scheme(CRS). As per the Orders, no person shall manufacture or store for sale, import, sell or distribute goods that do not conform to the Indian standard specified in the order and do not bear the Standard Mark with unique registration number obtained from BIS. Bureau of Indian Standards grants a license to the manufacturers to use or apply Standard Mark with unique R-number, through registration based on self-declaration of conformity for goods and articles as per Indian Standards. The grant of license and its operation under Compulsory Registration Scheme is carried out as per the conformity assessment scheme under Scheme - II of Schedule - II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018'.
Nemko India is BIS-recognized lab for testing all Information technologies, Audio-Video, cells & batteries, self-ballasted lamps & controls gears for luminaries.
SMART Registration Scheme
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) launched a user-friendly, mobile compatible, re-engineered, registration process known as “Smart Registration’’ in Delhi, India on 03.04.2019. It is an efficient, simplified, paperless, web-enabled process, which enables ease of operation, and promotes digital development in the global supply chain. For more details click here.
Nemko is recognized by BIS for testing of following products : ( Products coverd under CRS )
- IS 13252-1/IEC 60950-1 – IT Equipment
- IS 616:2017/IEC 60065 – Audio Video Equipment
- IS 16333(Parte 3) - Language Support for mobile phones.
- IS 15885 (Parte 2/Sec13)/IEC 61347-2-13 – Lamp Control gear, AC or DC supplied electronic control gear for LED Module.
- IS 16102 (Parte 1)/IEC 62560 – Self Ballasted Lamps
- IS 16046-1:2018 - Nickel Systems cells & batteries.
- IS 16046-2:2018 -Lithium Systems cells & batteries.