Manufacturers of electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use rely on Nemko for third-party testing and comprehensive support throughout the development cycle, including pre-compliance. Our cost-effective solutions and efficient turnaround times improve the safety and regulatory compliance process.
Why Choose Nemko for laboratory and measurement testing?
Nemko has extensive experience testing many kinds of measurement, laboratory, and industrial control equipment according to all relevant requirements. Our experienced technical experts and specialists are knowledgeable about existing and emerging standards. We use proven solutions, providing assurance, guidance, testing and verification. We are experts in helping our customers gain rapid market access, worldwide.
What is IEC 61010?
The IEC 61010 standard addresses the safety of laboratory use, measurement equipment and control equipment. Risk management is a key component in your product evaluation to IEC 61010-1 and involves a three-step risk assessment that includes:
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk reduction
Our regulatory experts will help you to identify areas of product non-compliance that need to be addressed in the measurement equipment.
Testing at Nemko or on-site
In addition to testing at our modern in-house facilities, we also perform on-site testing at the manufacturers’ premises.
What are the applicable standards for laboratory test and measurement?
- IEC 61010-1 (general requirements for safety)
- IEC 61010-2-xx (particular series of standards)
- IEC 61326-1
- IEC 61326-2-xx
What are typical devices for IEC 61010-1?
- Equipment for heating of materials
- Laboratory centrifuges
- Current sensors for electrical test and measurement
- Sterilizers and washer-disinfectors used to treat medical materials
- Laboratory equipment for mixing and stirring
- Automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes
- Process control devices
- In-vitro diagnostic equipment
Which laboratory testing services does Nemko provide?
- Environmental and energy efficiency
- Functional Safety