- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates all products containing radio transmitters, including television, telecom, satellite and cable communications equipment in areas such as electromagnetic interference, radio frequency exposure and spectrum allocation. Certification is required for most transmitters that are used in the United States and its territories. The FCC’s Rules are found under the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 47.
Nemko provides testing and independent FCC certification services that will enable your products to be marketed and sold quickly in the USA. Our team of experienced experts with a deep understanding of FCC compliance and broad combined industry experience. Our engineering team brings years of direct laboratory experience, across a wide segment of transmitter products and radio services with a background in FCC Radio law since 1983.
Nemko also provides the following additional FCC related services for manufacturers and suppliers of radio and terminal equipment:
- Pre-compliance product evaluation - Our pre-compliance investigations can identify potential issues with a product at an early stage of product development.
- Compliance advisory - Compliance strategy guidance will help prepare the product for formal testing. We can also help determine the appropriate FCC authorization route for the product (SDoC, Certification – New Single, New Family, Add Model to Existing Family, change in FCC ID, C1PC, C2PC, C3PC, C4PC and identify which radio tests and standards are necessary.
TCB Radio Certification
Manufacturers who wish to sell mobile communications, telecom, and other products capable of radio communication in the United States, must have their products certified compliant by a Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB) appointed by the FCC before being placed on the market. For most transmitting equipment, testing is required to be performed by an FCC accredited testing laboratory.
As an FCC appointed TCB and recognized third-party testing services provider, we can assess and issue equipment authorizations for all FCC TCB Scopes:
Scope A – Unlicensed Radio Frequency Devices (FCC Rule Parts 15 and 18)
- A1 Unlicensed Transmitters
- A2 Unlicensed Transmitters>1GHz except Spread Spectrum Devices
- A3 Unlicensed PCS
- A4 Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure and Spread Spectrum devices.
Scope B – Licensed Radio Service Equipment (FCC Rule Parts 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 30, 73, 74, 80, 87, 90, 95, 96, 97, and 101)
- B1 Personal Mobile Radio
- B2 General Mobile radio services
- B3 Maritime and aviation radio services
- B4 Microwave radio services
Terminal Equipment Registration with ACTA
Part 68 of the FCC Rules require manufacturers to test and register Terminal equipment with the Administrative Council for Terminal Attachment (ACTA) prior to connection to the network. ACTA designated tests are designed to detect whether equipment is potentially hazardous to the network. Devices such as conventional modems and telephones are subject to basic harms-to-the-network requirements.
As an FCC appointed TCB for Scope C and recognized third-party testing services provider, Nemko can assess and perform equipment registrations of Terminal equipment in accordance with the requirements of FCC Rule Part 68, technical criteria contained in the TIA-968-B standard, TSB 168 labeling requirements and Hearing aid compatibility and volume control requirements.
Our global footprint includes accredited laboratories throughout North America, Europe, and Asia with experience in testing and approving products with accreditation according to ISO/IEC standards in relation to EMC, Radio and RF Exposure requirements. For certification, test reports can be accepted from FCC accredited laboratories.
Nemko is also a recognized Certification Body for Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) Canada Radio and Telecom. Performing FCC and ISED Canada testing and certification simultaneously saves you time, effort and money and enables access to both markets seamlessly.
FCC certification is a prerequisite to access some other countries worldwide. Execute a combined service bundle including FCC with other market access to execute an optimized compliance plan.