Market access to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia -
An introduction to the Saber platform
SALEEM – The Saudi Product Safety Program
In 2017, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) launched the Saudi Product Safety Programme (SALEEM). Its purpose is to enhance the safety and quality of products placed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) marketplace. SASO has issued technical regulations for critical products including various electrical and electronic products. These cover aspects such as safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), energy efficiency and restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
Saber - The online registration platform
SASO has established an online system called Saber for the registration and certification of imported products. All imported products, whether regulated or unregulated, must be registered and certified through Saber. For regulated products, importers must appoint a SASO approved certification body (CB), such as Nemko, to handle their request. The importer uses Saber to obtain a Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) and a Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC). Saber also works as an online repository for product information, documentation and certifications.
The Saber process for regulated products
The conformity assessment process for regulated products is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Product Certification of Conformity (PCoC)
Every regulated product needs a product certification of conformity issued through the Saber platform. This is done according to the applicable product standard defined in the relevant technical regulation.
Stage 2: Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC)
Every regulated product needs a verification from the CB that it has a valid PCoC. This allows for the issuance of a SCoC.
Products with technical regulations covered by Nemko
- Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances
- Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances - GMARK
- Auto Spare Parts
- Building Materials - Part 4: Bricks, Tiles, Ceramics, Sanitary ware and Related Products
- Fire Fighting Equipment and Materials
- Machinery Safety - Part 1: Portable and Oriented Machines
- Shoes and Leathers
- Telecommunications Devices
- Textile Products
Why choose Nemko?
- Nemko operates with short lead times and personal service
- We are experts on Saudi Arabian standards and requirements
- We offer expertise and knowledge for a wide variety of services in the Gulf region
- Nemko is a market leader in global market access and can assist you with entry to more than 150 countries
Nemko's international approval services can get your products to market, worldwide.
Get worldwide market access for your products with our international approval services, Nemko Direct. Nemko Direct conquers barriers and eases regulatory access, reducing costly delays.