Certification according to the ISO 50001:2018 energy management system supports continuous improvement of energy aspects.
Making organizations more energy-efficient cuts costs, offers investment returns and mitigates rising energy prices. It is also important where effective energy management is a criteria for being approved as a supplier. Certification according to ISO 50001 is an effective means to achieve credibility.
Compliance with ISO 50001:2018 shall ensure the following:
- Important energy aspects are identified
- Control of the energy aspects to prevent a negative environmental impact
- Continuous improvement of energy aspects
- External recognition
- Better credibility associated with financing
- Increased credibility in relation to customers
- General cost savings by minimizing waste of energy
- Nemko has a lean organization with an effective decision-making process and quick turnaround
- Auditors have valuable experience and inspire a culture of constant improvement
- They value communication with customers
- Observations and comments are clearly expressed to ensure measurable improvement
- The approach is practical and down-to-earth
- The auditor is responsible for the customer during the entire audit process and audit cycle
The certification process consists of two phases:
- Phase 1consists of an audit of the business in order to review the status of the organization, system documentation, infrastructure, etc. This assesses the maturity of the system.
- Phase 2is the certification audit, aiming to verify that the system documentation meets the requirements of the standard. The certification audit will give feedback to the organization on issues that are not in conformance with the standard and that need to be corrected before a certificate can be issued.