Automatic control switches, regulators, plugs, and socket outlets: what exactly goes into making sure they work as they should — and do so safely?
Every single component of an electronic products can be a risky part for the safety of the final device. That’s why, before to place a product in the market, all manufacturers need to be sure that it is compliant according to all applicable standards and regulation.
During the design phase is important to select the target markets and identify the safety regulations and standards in which the products fall under.
After this complicated analysis the manufacturer needs to demonstrate the compliance according to those standards and regulation.
Why Nemko as safety testing partner?
Nemko, thanks to its extensive experience, accreditations and recognition, daily supports manufacturers to meet the safety requirements needed through pre-compliance, testing and certification services.
Our testing capabilities include electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), performance, environmental and energy efficiency testing. Nemko also offers both in-house testing in our state-of-the-art laboratory facility as well as on-site testing at your manufacturing premises. One stop-shop partner for testing, ispection and certification.
How can Nemko help manufacturers to performs safety testing of Components and installation materials?
Nemko provides testing and certification of component and installation materials according to a variety of industry standards such as:
- IEC/EN 60669 (Switches for household and similar fixed-electrical installations)
- IEC/EN 61058 (Switches for appliances)
- NEK-IEC 60884-1 or NEK 502 (Plugs and socket-outlets for household and similar purposes)
- IEC/EN 60320 (Appliance couplers for household and similar general purposes)
- IEC/EN 60799 (Electrical accessories - Cord sets and interconnection cord sets)
- BS1363 (13 A plugs, socket-outlets, adaptors and connection units)
- IEC/EN 61386 (Conduit systems for cable management)
- IEC/EN 60998 (Connecting devices for low-voltage circuits for household and similar purposes)
- IEC/EN 60947-7-1 and 7-2 (Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear)
- IEC/EN 60730 (Automatic electrical controls)