- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
Radio Module Integration – Canada and the United States
Join us as we team up with NeuronicWorks for this webinar that is the first part of a series focused on the radio module integration process and compliance rules, covering the key things you need to know for seamlessly integrating wireless radio modules in compliance with the regulations published by the FCC and ISED (Canada).
The addition of radio modules within products enables products to incorporate features and functions necessary to meet the demands of a growing market increasingly reliant on wireless-enabled devices.
Launching wireless products can be challenging, given the ever-increasing RF complexity. Understanding the requirements and regulations for the target country is essential as the rules vary by country and are frequently changing, which can make the process a moving target. Understanding the Radio, EMC, and RF Exposure principles, as well as a working knowledge of relevant regulations, is necessary for product manufacturers.
This webinar will provide an up-to-date understanding of the current US and Canadian radio module integration requirements, including critical information from the FCC’s recently published series of Knowledge Database Publications that covers the requirements for single and multiple radio module integrations.
Participants will learn:
- Types of Modular Approvals and applicable Requirements: Single modular, Limited single modular, split modular, and Limited split modular
- Benefits and downsides of using pre-approved radio modules
- Summary of FCC Knowledge Database Publication 996369 D04 (Modular Integration Guide) and ISED (Canada) Standards, RSS-GEN and RSP-100 (Host/Modular product requirements)
- Best practices to follow for modular transmitter integration and critical terms
- Assessment/Testing guidance for the host product – selection of frequencies, host and technology operation, emission measurements, antenna gain consideration, simultaneous transmission, RF exposure/SAR requirements, unintentional radiation
- Review of approved module transmitter FCC Grant of Authorization conditions and integration instructions vs. host device typical use
- Authorization rules – when certifications are required vs. no certifications
- Pre-approved module test data re-use to obtain New Certification
- Review of requirements and creation of Label
- User manual integration instructions and guidance
Vina Kerai oversees Nemko's Telecommunications Certification Body programs. Vina has a proven track record of managing certification programs and is skilled at working with wireless technologies. Vina brings over 20 years of experience in R&D/engineering, compliance testing, advisory, and certification management.
Robert Legault is a Senior Systems Compliance Engineer at NeuronicWorks Inc., with over 35 years of experience in hardware, system engineering, and regulatory compliance, with a specialization in information technology and audio/video products. He started his career as a hardware design engineer and has built a wealth of knowledge and expertise in regulatory compliance over the years.