Nemko has extensive experience testing many kinds of measurement, laboratory and control products according to all relevant requirements, helping you get your products to market rapidly.
We offer cost-effective third-party safety testing of your electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use.
What are the applicable standards for measurement, laboratory and control equipment?
Equipments to be used for measurement purposes, like sensors or to be used in laboratories need to be evaluated according to a specific series of standards that defines the safety requirements to place the devices compliant in the market.
The applicable evaluation and testing methods are defined by:
- IEC 61010-1 (general requirements for safety)
- IEC 61010-2-xx (particular series of standards)
We have the experts with the knowledge you need to help you comply with the wide variety of requirements contained in part 2 (particular) standards.
Electric shocks and burn, mechanical hazards, the spread of fire, excessive temperature, the effect of fluids & fluids pressure, radiation and gases are just some examples of the tons of hazards to evaluate and fix before placing the product on the market.
The IEC 61010-1 standard cover all these hazards and provide a description to the manufacturers on how to evaluate and apply the product testing.
What types of measurement, laboratory and control equipment is tested at Nemko laboratories?
- Equipment for heating of materials
- Laboratory centrifuges
- Current sensors for electrical test and measurement
- Sterilizers and washer-disinfectors for treating medical materials
- Laboratory equipment for mixing and stirring
- Automatic and semi-automatic laboratory equipment for analysis and other purposes