- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
The G-mark is used to confirm that the product conforms to all the technical requirements of the Gulf Cooperation Council, including both product Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
Which products need a G-mark?
It is mandatory for a variety of common household products, plugs and socket outlets:
- Domestic electrical fans
- Refrigerators / freezers
- Dryers and clothes washing machines
- Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors
- Electro-thermic hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave ovens
- Ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings, grillers, and roaster
- Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters
- Electric smoothing irons
- Plugs, socket outlets, plug adaptors, cord extension sets and chargers
- Air conditioners
Read more: GSO Customs guidance
Nemko can help you!
Nemko has several years of experience helping companies with global market access – including to the Arab States of the Persian Gulf – and we can support with any testing, certification and certificate of conformity if required. This will guarantee a smooth process for you and your product and reduce your time to market.
The G-mark scheme requires certificates to be issued by a registered notified body. Nemko was one of the first companies to become a notified body for the Gulf Technical Regulation and our experienced personnel is participating in the development of the certification scheme. We will therefore always be able to provide you with the latest changes and updates regarding the scheme.
In addition, Nemko is one of the major certification bodies for pre-shipment certificates, which are still mandatory for most countries in the Persian Gulf States.
How to obtain a G-mark certification
The above figure illustrates the process for obtaining a G-mark certification.
During the process Nemko will assist you in providing the documentation that will help support the certification process. The document list will include both general documentation as well as technical documentations.
- Signed application form
- Declaration that application is not lodged with any other GSO Notified Body
- Economic Operator (EO) Business license
- Trademark certificate
- Manual(s) in Arabic and English language
- Product photo(s)
- Safety Test Report
- Acceptance of Safety Test report: IECEE CB scheme; GSO Notified Bodies incl. subsidiaries
- EMC Test Report
- Acceptance of EMC test report: IECEE CB scheme; GSO Notified Bodies incl. subsidiaries; Accredited lab
- Risk assessment documented by manufacturer
- Gulf-type examination certificate for plug (if not in test report)
Nemko's international approval services can get your products to market, worldwide.
Get worldwide market access for your products with our international approval services, Nemko Direct. Nemko Direct conquers barriers and eases regulatory access, reducing costly delays.