- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
On October 13, 2021, China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) and State Radio Regulation of China (SRRC) issued Notice No. 129, which outlines the plans to strengthen and regulate the radio management of the 2.4GHz, 5.1GHz, and 5.8GHz frequency bands. This announcement comes as a result of the country’s commitment to maintaining the order of air waves in the air and promoting the development of the radio industry, as outlined in “Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Radio Management”.
There will be a two year grace period for manufacturers and the overall industry to adjust and prepare for this new regulation. While the mandatory implementation date is set as October 15, 2023, manufacturers can start to apply type approval under the new regulation as soon as January 1, 2022. New applications and the renewal of old certificates can still follow the old regulation prior to October 15, 2023.
What do these changes include?
This mandatory regulation includes:
- An added protection limit of the special frequency band to 2.4GHz, 5.1-5.3GHz, and 5.8GHz wireless LAN (WLAN) products.
- Also added adaptivity tests for these products, similar to ETSI 300328 and ETSI 301893.
- IPv6 protocol required in the new regulation: The wireless LAN device with the public network IP address allocation function supports the IPv6 protocol and enables the IPv6 address allocation function by default. Wireless LAN equipment with special requirements for information security, the air interface access control security capability must comply with the GB 15629 national wireless LAN security series standards.
- Additional changes to the spurious emission limits.
How Nemko Can Help
By choosing to partner with Nemko, your organization is given direct access to world-class, certified laboratories and their corresponding experts who can work with your team to get you ready for these new SRRC approvals and regulations. Thanks to our recognized product certification and testing expertise, paired with our active involvement in developing the latest industry standards across the globe, Nemko is proud to offer its clients a global, single source solution that meets their ever-evolving needs.
Tom Tidwell is a NARTE certified EMC Laboratory Engineer with over 25 years of direct experience in Wireless, Telecommunications, EMC, and worldwide market access. His experience includes numerous wired and wireless protocols and technologies. He is responsible for Nemko’s telecom international approvals. Tom is...