- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
What is Gulf Conformity Mark (G Mark) ?
Gulf Conformity mark, also known as G Mark, is a certification mark used to indicate products that conform to all technical regulations of the Gulf Cooperation Council. It means that the G-marked products meet all requirements of the corresponding technical regulations and have passed all conformity assessment procedures.
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is a regional intergovernmental union entailing of seven Arab countries - United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, Kuwait, and Republic of Yemen.
What are the key aspects of G Mark?
- Technical Characteristics -> Safety, EMC
- Market Surveillance -> Yes
- Obligation -> Mandatory
- Factory Inspection -> No
- Sample Testing -> Yes
- Validity -> Gulf Type Examination Certificate: 3 years maximum
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Water heaters
- Hair dryers
- Washing machines/dryers
- and many more
For the full product scope click here and open List No (2).
The scheme has many similarities to the European Low Voltage Directive (LVD) but requires certificates to be issued by a registered Notified body. It also includes EMC in addition to product safety. You will find the regulation named “Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances - BD-142004-01” here.
Ques. Do I need the G Mark Certification?
Ans. The G Mark certification is a mandatory certification for low voltage electrical (LVE) devices and all kind of children’s toys.
Ques. What is GCTS?
Ans. A symbol granted by GSO representing the G MARK along with numerals annotated underneath, being a four digit Notified Body identification number and a QR code for traceability and tracking which is generated by the GSO certificate tracking system.
Ques. Is there an onsite audit necessary for G Mark Certification?
Ans. There is no on-site audit necessary for the G Mark certification. The certification will be granted upon a successful document review confirming that rules and regulations set by the underlying standards are implemented and followed.
Ques. How do I apply for the G Mark Certification?
Ans. If you are interested in receiving a quotation, please contact us with the credentials provided at the end of this blog. Usually within one business day we will send you a quotation for the certification process.
The Benefits of working with Nemko
1. With our global network of laboratories and inspection offices we can provide tests and measurements for safety, EMC, and energy efficiency as well as the mandatory Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to comply not only with the regional G Mark but also the national schemes of the Gulf countries. We offer the complete Market Access to the Middle East.
2. Nemko is a notified body for the region. Let us guide you through the entire process in a few steps. You can then sell your product to over 80 million people.
3. Nemko is one of the major certification bodies for pre-shipment certificates, which are still mandatory for most Gulf countries.
Please click this link to know more about our new EMC test facility in India:
Anshuman Dash is a product compliance specialist & marketing professional having extensive years of experience in many standards & regulatory requirements. He has a Bachelor Degree in Engineering from "Institute of Technical Education & Research" , Bhubaneswar and currently pursuing Masters. Along with International...