- Building inspection
- Fire alarms system testing
- Household appliances
- Installation materials
- Industrial machinery
- IT & audio video
- Laboratory, test & measurement
- Lighting equipment
- Maritime, oil & gas
- Medical & healthcare equipment
- Military & aerospace product testing
- Wireless & telecom
Fortunately, there are several internationally accepted standards to help manufacturers secure their devices.
- ETSI/EN 303 645 — This European standard details outcome-focused best practices for the security of Internet-connected consumer devices to provide flexible security measures.
- ANSI/UL 2900 — This series of standards provides verifiable criteria for the testing of network-connected devices that send, store, or transmit data to and from other connected devices.
- IEC 62443 — This series of standards focuses on the cyber security of various aspects of industrial communications networks, including industrial automation and control systems and components, as well as requirements for IACS service providers.
- CTIA Standards — CTIA's Cyber Security Working Group has developed a number of best practices to address cyber risks specific to the range of wireless communications technologies, including LTE, CDMA, UMTS, GSM, converged Wi-Fi and Air-Interface technologies.
How Nemko Can Help
Nemko can test connected systems and devices according to the requirements and best practices detailed in ETSI/EN 303 645, and has specifically developed two testing and approval services for unique cyber security situations.
Cyber Security Product Attestation
This service provides a trusted, third-party cyber security verification method for manufacturers of custom products and components, as well as those who do not require certification.
Cyber Security Product Certification
Beyond testing according to ETSI/EN 303 645, this service includes an initial audit of the quality assurance system, as well as annual surveillance audits to ensure ongoing compliance.
In addition to these services, Nemko can also provide testing and certification services according to the Common Criteria scheme.
The Nemko cyber secure mark verifies, in a simple and visible way for the buyers, the compliance of the product to the cyber security IoT standard ETSI/EN 303 645.
What will the new cyber security standard for IoT require?
Start preparing for the new cyber security requirements for CE marking through this introduction to the ETSI EN 303 645 standard on Cyber security for consumer Internet of Things.
Benefits of Working with Nemko
Partnering with Nemko can provide your organization in addressing the challenges that occur in today's cyber security landscape.
Recognized Cyber Security Expertise
Acquired by Nemko in 2020, Systemsikkerhet is Norway's first information security consultancy and is one of only four information security testing laboratories recognized by the Norwegian National Security Authority.
Active Involvement in Standards Development and Implementation
Nemko’s team of experts have developed state-of-the-art cyber security standards and protocols, and are knowledgeable about all new, emerging requirements.
Single Source Solution
With its combined expertise in cyber security, product safety, Radio/Telecom and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), Nemko is a robust source for manufacturers.
Nemko helps to support your global market access efforts, offering more than 30 locations across six continents around the world.